Friday, November 03, 2006

Strange Sights

I'm very interested in human psychology and this makes me a veteran people watcher. I sometimes think that others are looking at me and seeing a fat old broad wearing too many rings, clam diggers, and ugly crocs...but I don't care. Maybe the people I've been watching and finding kind of odd don't care either.

On my second day in Florida I went shopping and stopped at an Arby's for lunch. In came a woman in her 50's, skinny and ill-kept, wearing pants deliberately pulled low on scrawny hips (they were hanging crooked) in order to show off the tattoo at the very top of the crack in her butt. What was she thinking?

The same day I was in Walmart (sorry, I'm a shopper) and in came a young man with pants pulled way low below his bum and kind of silly looking underwear most of which were hanging above his pants. They were also very crooked and not too clean. What was he thinking?

Today I was in McDonalds for lunch and the lady in front of me was wearing see-through white pants that showed very clearly she was wearing thong underwear. She was older (and fatter) than me. What was she thinking?

One of things I've noticed here in the park is that older men with large, large bellies have no shame about walking around in a swimsuit slung under their stomaches. Women, on the other hand, do their best to minimize their bellies by wearing skirted swimsuits. Interesting behaviour, isn't it?





No comments: