Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bad Date

Before I start, don't worry my girls, the date wasn't mine!

My friend, who is 64 but looks 50, was asked out on a date by another senior who is kind of cute, rides a motorcycle, and seems to be an all around nice guy. They went off yesterday morning for a day at Cape Canaveral to see the space station and some of the other wonders of the Florida coast...shared costs.

At Bingo last night, in came my friend looking like I'd never seen her before...she was scowling. Apparently her date, who doesn't eat much, didn't consider that she might need lunch and dinner...all of which she planned to pay for herself. He reluctantly stopped for a quick lunch when she pressed him but at dinnertime said he needed to get home to watch "Jeopardy". They arrived back home just before 7 P.M. I don't think she'll go out with him again.

Today I'm going out with 3 other ladies (including the one mentioned) and we'll shop, laugh, eat, and have a hell of a good time. A man would probably hold us back!

No comments: