Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Chair Volleyball

One of my friends here insisted on signing me up for chair volleyball. I was a little miffed because only old people would be involved in such a "sport", right? Well, this morning I was just putting away laundry when one of the ladies rushed in and told me a game was on and I was supposed to be there to play. Damn, I didn't want to go but duty called.

I walked into the clubhouse and saw a volleyball net (kind of low) with 6 people sitting in chairs on either side and batting a beach ball back and forth. I was honestly embarrassed for them...and then they made room for me! We played for about 1/2 hour and all of us had so much fun, laughing, and NEVER feeling foolish. A couple of little ones (visiting grandparents) joined us and they had as much fun as we did.

I'd never heard of this game before but now I can't wait to play it again. What a hoot!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You never cease to amaze me. Now you're an athlete of sorts?!?