Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Brag Blog

One of the most interesting things I do in Florida is to take an oil painting class, usually once a month. I began doing this about 3 years ago and my aim was to break the spirit of the instructor who claimed he could teach anyone to paint. I walked out of that class in shock and amazement with a painting that was close to beautiful. I still don't know how Tony, our instructor, could lead me through the steps to produce such a lovely painting.

Today we had 5 budding artists, one of whom was just like me and couldn't draw a straight line. Our goal was to paint an ocean scene with 1 or 2 palm trees (depending on how much nerve we had). I don't know if I could paint anything by myself but this experience has given me the confidence to try one day.

I'm thrilled with my painting because it will always remind me of the time I've spent in Florida. And the new artist? Well, she walked out with that same look of pride on her face...pleased beyond words with her accomplishment.

P.S. I tried adding a picture of my painting but it wouldn't go in. Either blog.com is faulty or I'm doing something wrong. My guess is it's me.

2 comments:

Jessica Gottlieb said...

Can you try again please?

i'd like to see the painting.

patsyrose said...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because I can't seem to get it in. I'll have to get help from someone who is more computer literate than I am.

By the way, thanks so much for your interest and your comments.