Saturday, December 09, 2006

Buy A Gun For Christmas

Here I go with another complaint. I was listening to the radio in my car today and a lively Christmas commercial came on. A very happy young man was extolling the joys of giving and suggested that the perfect gift for your husband or wife would be a hand gun...no joke! He went on to describe a real spiffy sounding gun that any man or woman would be proud to own. I kept waiting for someone to say it wasn't true but that never happened.

We Canadians don't have much experience with guns as a rule. I knew one man (cop) who was practicing his quick draw and shot himself in the foot. I knew another man who went rabbit hunting and ended up with a poor dead rabbit that was so full of holes from the shotgun there was very little meat left. These are not the sort of people who should be handling guns so I hope their personal Santa isn't paying any attention to that stupid commercial.

No comments: