Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Merry Christmas, Please!

I raved about the stupidity of store clerks being unable to say "Merry Christmas" last year for fear of losing their jobs but now I'm mad as hell and won't take it any more. Just when I thought sanity might prevail now that Walmart allows it's employees to say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays", I do a bit of shopping at the local dollar store and find they are still not allowed to wish their customers "Merry Christmas" because they've been told they'll be sued if they do. Has the world gone crazy?

I'd like to start a new movement that we all do our Christmas shopping ONLY at stores where "Merry Christmas" is plastered on the windows and spouted by the employees. If these stores want the billions of dollars spent on Christmas presents every year, then they'd better greet us appropriately. Of course, if they think they can survive without the Christmas market, let them try!

This is my New Year's resolution for 2007: If I don't see "Merry Christmas" in your ads starting next November, then you can say goodbye to my business. Am I going to be the only one standing up for our traditions?

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!what else should we call it? that's what it is......
hope you have a wonderful one.