Monday, December 25, 2006

Nude Posing

I'm not easily shocked anymore but I just found out that someone I know is earning a living by posing nude for an art class. I'm shocked.

A few questions come to mind...one thought up by a man with a dirtier mind than my own. When a man poses nude, what happens if it's cold and the drawing shows him to be less endowed than he is? What happens if he gets bored and starts thinking leud thoughts?

I've always wondered how long it takes for nudists to get used to seeing each other's bodies and become able to carry on a normal conversation. We are such a repressed society, even today's generation, and it almost seems impossible that we can train our brains to not have sexual thoughts when we see a member of the opposite sex naked.

I was on vacation in Antigua once and saw a vender on the beach surrounded by perhaps a dozen shoppers...all men except one woman who happened to be topless. The men weren't paying one bit of attention to the woman and I discovered later that they were European and used to seeing women topless on the beach.

Later I watched 2 Canadian men fall all over themselves in silent laughter and giddiness right after a beautiful young woman...topless...passed by them.

I guess it's a matter of mind conditioning that allows some of us to be so comfortable with our bodies that we see no shame or embarrassment in nudity. I'm too old to change so I'll be repressed for the rest of my natural life. But I don't want that for following generations. I want them to glory in the body they've been given to carry them around on this earth. I want them to feel free.




2 comments:

Jessica Gottlieb said...

Nice sentiment.

If these old knockers of mine hadn't had all the buoyancy sucked out of them by Adam and Eve I'd be prancing around nude 24/7.

patsyrose said...

Honey, age alone will do it. My attitude is "I am what I am and that's all I am".