Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Back on Track

My last blog doesn't reflect the way I usually view the world. Just occasionally I get a little melancholy and wonder why things happen the way they do. For the most part I accept the ridiculous random occurrences in life and just carry on doing the best I can.

In my fairly long life I've learned that life doesn't always make sense. Many people die too young. Many suffer illnesses and cruelty. Many get away with murder.

But I've seen the exquisite beauty of a lavender rose sunset. I've watched my daughter's thin and tired dog lean against a wall to nurse her 10 puppies because to lay down might have crushed them. And every day in this senior park I watch an elderly couple, the wife only partially recovered from brain surgery, walk arm in arm down the road.

There is so much beauty hidden among the mundane and the nasty. If we allow ourselves to become too negative we miss what matters most in life.

My motto is to have as much fun as we can as long as we can. Just make sure you're not hurting another human being in your pursuit of a good time.

Now I'm on my way to Bingo so wish me luck!!

No comments: