Monday, January 01, 2007

Dancing Fool...The Morning After!

We had our annual New Year's Eve party at the clubhouse last night and I was a dancing fool. I think it began when the disc jockey played "That Old Time Rock and Roll". From there on in I forgot my age and danced like there was no tomorrow but, unfortunately, there was and is and my knee hurts like hell. I just may have to grow up a bit and act my age at the next party.

My roommate for the week, Carole, and I sauntered back to the trailer around 1:15 and sat outside in the still warm air to enjoy watching the stragglers head for home.

Mistake.

9 of the stragglers, including the disc jockey, decided it was continuing party time on my patio and stayed till after 3 A.M. We told jokes, drank (water for me by then) and made an unseemly amount of noise. I know I'm going to owe an apology to at least one neighbor.

All in all, it was such a wonderful way to start the new year, with friends and laughter. Now if only my knee would start to feel better!

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

it sounds like you brought the new year in the right way. lots of merriment. i would love to have been there. instead i was home sick :(