Sunday, December 31, 2006

I Wanna Work

Being an alien visitor to the United States doesn't bother me much until I hear about all the fun things that legal citizens of the country get to do that I can't. Quite a few people in my park here in Florida work part-time at Disney or one of the other theme parks...some as little as 3 weeks during the winter months. They receive only minimum wage but get terrific perks like free admission tickets, etc. A few of us aliens (Canadians) feel very left out since we're not allowed to work in the States.

An American friend is just finishing up his first week of employment and he told us that Universal Studios is desperate for part-time help. I decided to find out how hard it would be to acquire a visa which would allow me to work part-time. After checking on-line I decided that it would be a full-time job just taking all the steps required to obtain the damn visa. Universal is going to have to do without me until the United States government makes it a little easier for me to get a job. I don't want to take an executive position away from an American. All I want is a few hours a week to play (I mean work) at a theme park and then receive the perks.

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

there must be volunteer work at some of teh sites.