Saturday, December 30, 2006

No Sense of Direction

I have no sense of direction. Someone suggested I have a compass installed on my dash but it wouldn't help. Today I took my friend yard saleing and got just a little lost on an unknown road but had the good sense, being a woman, to stop at a gas station and ask for directions. I told the gentleman I was trying to reach Hwy 27 and he was kind enough to tell me I was heading right for it (surprise to me) but then he said "do you want to go north or south on Hwy 27?". Since I didn't know what road I was on at the moment, how could I know where it intersected Hwy 27?? I gave him a blank look and said I had no idea. He gave me that small, almost pitying smile that I seem to be seeing a lot lately. Slightly insulted, I thanked him for his help and drove away.

I'd buy a GPS if I didn't have to learn how to use it.

No comments: