Sunday, March 04, 2007

Fabric in the U.S.

I hope a lot of Canadian sewers are reading this blog. I do quilting and I can get thousands of yards of quality 100% cotton at the U.S. Walmart right now for $2 a yard!!! This is because Walmart is closing down their fabric department in most of their stores. My family knows how hard it is for me to pass these bargains by but I just can't buy any more fabric. I already have enough on hand to make quilts for the next few years so I just fondle the $2 a yard cottons, drool a bit, and walk away...well, most of the time.

I've also stocked up on monk's cloth (for doing Swedish weaving) because I can get it at Walmart for $6 a yard and it costs about triple that at home in Canada. If Dean ever finishes remodeling my basement I'll have a real snazzy sewing room fully equipped with some terrific fabrics. Enough to see me out!

2 comments:

Kim said...

fingers and toes are triple crossed! What's the chance?
love and kisses

patsyrose said...

Not a chance in hell.