Sunday, March 04, 2007

Whose Turn Is It?

We play a lot of card and board games here in the park but don't take any of them seriously. The aim of the game is just to get together with a group of friends, talk, and laugh. Because we do so much talking, we never know whose turn it is to deal or to play. Last night we found the perfect solution...place a penny between the dealer and the person to her left. I thought we might forget why the penny was there but this system really did work.

Years ago my husband's cousin and his wife often came over to our house for a game of Euchre. Donna and I were partners and Dennis and Frank were partners. Of course Donna and I did most of the talking and we never knew what was trump. We still beat the pants off the men. I don't know what Frank thought but Dennis was not a happy camper.

These days (during the summer) Frank, Donna, Faye, Gary, and I play dominoes regularly and the men are as silly and talkative as the women. That's the way games should be!

No comments: