Friday, March 16, 2007

Marilee, the Wayward Child

My sister-in-law, Marilee, is staying with me for 10 days. She's over at the clubhouse doing morning excercises right now so I'm taking this opportunity to write a blog about her. Her sister, Faye, and I decided it should be titled "wayward child" because that is what she is.

Marilee is so much fun to be around and she keeps you wondering what she'll do next. She talks to everyone she meets and is known to us the "f" word without thinking. Faye and Gary told her she can't use that word around their grandchildren who are also visiting this week but we secretly think they use it themselves when the adults aren't around.

When we're out and about Marilee veers off in her own little world to see whatever catches her eye or attention. Often we don't notice it happen and then we're scared to death we've lost her. No fear...she has a good sense of direction and always finds her way back.

She loves to tease me about my half empty fridge and disconnected stove but I think she likes to eat out as much as I do. She's been a joy to have around and I'm going to miss her terribly when she leaves. But we'll see the irreverant little devil in August at the family reunion in New Brunswick. Think of all the laughs we have to look forward to!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Waiting to see Auntie M when she arrives next week. Her and David can use the 'f' word plenty together :)

patsyrose said...

here's the other side of the story......
pat has no food in her house. her stove is not hooked up. she stores her toaster in the oven ( she thinks it's a toaster oven).she is brilliant on the internet, yet thinks she knows nothing about computers. she is a wonderful writer and should be writing a book. she is like a crow, she darts from glitter to glitter. she has the biggest, warmest and most generous heart i've ever incountered. and i am so grateful my dumb brother married her.........

patsyrose said...

that last comment was written by marilee not pat. i was using her computer:)

patsyrose said...

This is the real Patsyrose talking. Marilee thinks I should have mentioned her outstanding beauty, height, and money. She lies like a rug.

Kim said...

You both are absolutely beautiful, gorgeous, witty wonderful people and I am the luckiest of all because I am related to both of you.
Kisses and hugs to Momma, Auntie M and the quiet one, Faye (my guess is she just isn't there right now!)
xoxoxox

Shelley said...

Hey Kim - now we know where we get all of our beauty, height, money, wit and amazing sense of adventure!
Love you all and miss you like crazy!!

patsyrose said...

I thought you got all your good qualities from me!

Kim said...

quite frightening actually! :)