Sunday, March 18, 2007

1/2 Gone

My niece and her family left today so my sister-in-law and her husband moved back into their own trailer. I still have Marilee. She's moved out into the Florida room so now we have a proper little livingroom to hang out in.

No-one would believe that we trailer trash enjoy having company who fill up our little trailers with all their crap but it's true. There's such a sense of comeraderie when we're all falling over each other, laughing, and telling wild stories. One thing I didn't like and that's the fact that they've filled my fridge with food that I'll have to get rid of before I leave to go home. These people like to snack.

It's kind of cold this morning because we had a cold front come through. Marilee's been bitching all morning about how I don't turn on the furnace or have my stove hooked up. She's obviously forgotten how to camp out! She mellowed a bit when we went out for a nice breakfast, though.

Faye and Gary have disappeared and I'm sure they're up at their own trailer trying to shovel it out after Val and her family left. I ventured up there yesterday and it looked like the clothing department at Target had erupted in the Florida room. Faye was gallantly ignoring the chaos and busy preparing a lovely little snack in her miniature kitchen. She'd prepare food in the midst of a world war.

I've been thinking about why I haven't been upset about the utter chaos in my own trailer and have come to the conclusion that all the laughter offsets the confusion caused by too many people in too small a space. I'm already looking forward to Marilee's visit next year!




No comments: