Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Coffee Morning


This is a picture of my coffee morning ladies. For about 1 1/2 hours every Tuesday morning we settle the affairs of the world and the park. Settling the park affairs is by far the hardest. From the first day we started our coffee morning we had one rule and that was "no bitchin"...I know I mentioned this before but I really like this rule.

We try not to talk about health issues, either, but this morning one of the ladies who joined us is recovering from a cancer scare. Thankfully, the tumor was benign and she is recovering beautifully. We're always thankful when someone gets good news on that subject.

I've mentioned also how much we laugh here. When you look at the face of it, we're aging ladies with all the small or large problems that come with age but we are blessed with so much enjoyment in our latter years. I know I never laughed as much or had my days so well filled with happiness when I was younger. Maybe the fact that we're older and wiser makes us more appreciative of what we have. Every one of these ladies has a long lifetime of stories and they choose to tell the funny ones. They've already dealt with the rough ones.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: