Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bugs

I have an abhorence of bugs. Here in the sunny south the lord of bugs is the cockroach and they could find their way inside a rock. It's been so nice this winter because I haven't seen one bug inside my trailer...until this morning.

Right beside the computer desk, just a little too close to my feet, lay a half dead cockroach. It was succumbing to the deadly concoction my bug man sprays around the trailer once a month. My habit is to let it completely die before I try to dispose of it. I certainly don't want it springing to life in my hand! I am a strong Canadian woman but it's times like this that I wish I had a man around the house.

My husband used to say "look at the size of that little bug and look at the size of you!" and expect me to stop being afraid. He'd even pick the damn thing up when it's little legs were still moving. Yuk!

There isn't much logic to why so many women (not all) are afraid of bugs. We just don't like them. My granddaughter, Aeron, was terrified of little spiders but she allowed someone to lay a big fat snake around her shoulders at Gatorland.

My intruding cockroach was still moving after I started this blog so I sprayed it with Raid to hasten it's death. It should be sufficiently dead soon and then I can gingerly flush it down the toilet...I don't even want it in my garbage.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I can just see you wiggling your fingers and toes as you wrote this blog :) Happy disposal.

patsyrose said...

Marilee took pity on me and, using a giant wad of toilet paper, picked it up and flushed it down the toilet. She couldn't stand me squealing every time I remembered it was still on the floor.