Thursday, March 22, 2007

Alone Again

Marilee left yesterday so I spent the night alone...not much difference...and the morning alone...no jokes, no bustling activity. I miss her!

We drove Marilee to the airport late yesterday afternoon and stopped at a Ci Ci's Pizzeria on the way for dinner. I asked Marilee if she'd been comfortable staying with me and she gave me the most wonderful compliment. She said she has never felt more comfortable or welcome staying in anyone else's home. It made me feel as though I'd done something right. I was so happy to have her stay with me but, remember, I don't cook so that could have been a problem. Marilee just added my empty fridge to her repertoire of funny stories. And she likes eating in restaurants, too. And Faye took pity on us more than once by feeding us.

We dropped Marilee off at the airport at 6 P.M., kissed and hugged, and then drove away. The car felt empty of Marilee's vibrant spirit and I missed her.

No comments: