Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wanna Go Home/Wanna Stay In Florida

All winter long I've had the strangest feeling that I should be back home. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit to hop in the car and head back to Canada. At the same time, I've enjoyed every day down here. It's like the lyrics of an old song "part of me says stay, part of me says go".

By mid March you can see the park has taken up a new atmosphere. People begin asking when you're going home or telling you when they're leaving. Goodbye parties start up. I usually hate this time of the season but this year I'm almost anxious to see the park revert back to the peaceful times of October. By April 1st most of the winter residents will be gone and the quiet that sets in used to make me sad. But this year is different. I think it's been normally hectic all winter but I seem to have aged a year and maybe I need a bit more peace and quiet in my life.

I was supposed to be home by April 15th but that happens to land on a Sunday. Since I like to travel on a Sunday I planned to leave on the 8th but decided that was just a bit too soon. I contacted my insurance lady and made arrangements to add 2 days to my plan so now I'm leaving here on Sunday, April 15th which gives me 2 weeks of mainly peaceful Florida time before I head home.

And then, once I'm home, I'll miss all of these wonderful people so darned much and be counting the days till I see many of them again at our summer reunion in July.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Just enjoy where you are. But the weather is changing here. It's probably 12 - 15 today. The snow is almost gone. Have fun.