Friday, March 30, 2007

Writing a Story

I've decided to write a story and have been busy getting it started. I've spent my winters in this senior park since 1998 and have been amazed, aghast, dismayed, and titillated by true life stories which occur here. We jokingly refer to it as a senior Peyton Place. In truth, it is rich with material for many stories. The story I've started to write is a blended mixture of personalities and events, carefully concocted to disguise the true players. This will be my summer project and, when I get enough nerve to present it, it will be by blog.

In the meantime, life goes on here at the senior park and every day now someone is leaving for home. Usually I hate this time of year but I'm kind of happy it's all winding down and I can get back to Canada and all that awaits me there.

Many have left already and more will go over the next few days. By Monday, the park will be very quiet. My plan is to spend lots of time at the pool until I leave for home on April 15th. It will be rather peaceful to have mainly do-nothing days because I've been hard pressed all winter to find an empty day. I jump from one interest to another and just hate to miss out on anything going on...but that is the shape of my winters, not my summers, so I'm not going to complain about not having much empty time.

I'm sending a load of stuff home with a couple who live near me in Canada. My own car trunk is full and I still have a fair amount of stuff to pack in the back seat. How do I manage to do this every year? Yesterday I bought a computer monitor which is in a fair sized box which will take up a lot of the back seat. Now I'm getting worried...but what's new? I really must try to cut back next year.

No comments: