Friday, April 06, 2007

My Playmate Went Home

My sister-in-law, Faye, left for home today and I can't believe how boring it is here without her. Granted, she pops in for coffee every morning and I spend most of every day with her but I thought I had a busy life beyond her. I've got lots of friends here but most have also left for home and the ones that are still here aren't my closest buddies. I'm feeling a little lonely.

I thought for a brief moment of heading home around Wednesday instead of next Friday/Saturday but I don't dare. The man who started redoing my basement last August has finally resumed work after 6 months stoppage (I wasn't there so he didn't think he had to be, either) and apparently moved crap up to my livingroom. I don't want to go home to a mess. If I wait to leave on Friday and threaten him with his life I might have a chance of walking into a house as neat as I left it. I'm sort of stuck here for a whole week...without Faye.

One of my closer buddies lives right across the road from me here but she's an inside person and I hate to be indoors when the weather is nice. The park has emptied considerably so I don't get the walk by company that I normally do, either. One good thing is that I can play on the computer for hours without people storming in and telling me to get the hell off and go with them to whatever we had planned. We must always look on the upside.

This is a way of life I only have in this Florida trailer park. At home the pace is ever so much slower and I spend more time on the computer. My family comes by occasionally and so do my neighbors but it isn't an everyday/all day thing like it is here. I still see Faye about 2-3 times a week, though. No wonder I'm lost without her today!

Oh well, I can console myself with constantly checking on the site meter I attached to my blogs. I had been thrilled to discover they were being read in China but I've since found out that they're also being read in Spain and Turkey!! I'm utterly amazed. How the heck did they find me?



No comments: