Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday Mishmash

Well, here I sit at 8:25 A.M. wearing shorts and waiting for the temperature outside to at least come close to 70 degrees before I venture out. Yesterday was gorgeous and I got lots of yard work done so it looks pretty good out there. Today promises to be even warmer and I'm prepared...I just have to wait a few hours.

I heard on the news that the family of the Virginia Tech gunman issued a response to the actions of their son/brother. It was so sad to hear such a heartfelt apology from that family. It's obvious they're suffering in many ways.

I'm not sure I understand how anyone with a close, strong family can ever do anything to hurt or shame that family. My own daughters grew up always wanting to earn their father's respect (mine, too, but the emphasis was on their Dad). I suppose if you felt disenfranchised from your family then their feelings wouldn't count for much.

My cousin phoned me yesterday and asked if she could visit me in Florida next winter. Of course I said yes but I was feeling "oh, god, noooo!". She's a nice person but she drinks too much and has the foulest mouth I've ever heard. She sure wouldn't fit in with the retired folks at my senior park. Oh well, I've got 6 months to figure something out.

Right now the sun is shining brightly and it's about 55 degrees outside. My shorts and I are going to wait inside for a while yet.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I was just saying to John yesterday, it's entirely possible that of all the involved families, the shooter's family must be suffering the most. I also read that there was great concern for their safety from retaliations
...that is simply horrible.