Friday, May 18, 2007

My Mess and How I Deal With It

My sister-in-law, Faye, dropped over for a visit yesterday morning and sat shaking her head in awe about the mess I'm living with. It's the basement renovation in case you haven't already read earlier blogs!

From where we sat on the sofa sipping our coffees, you can see piles of basement stuff on the floors, on the tables, and even on some of the furniture in the livingroom and diningroom. It's all overflow from the basement which gives the workers a modicum of space to work in down there.

The rec room is piled to the ceiling with stuff, too, and we're all hoping it will fit into the sewing room once they've finished in there. That will give them space to complete the rec room makeover.

I mentioned to Faye how proud I was of myself that I can keep a clear, cool head amidst all this mess and confusion.

Faye replied, "I just think you have no idea what a mess you're really in!".

Bless her! But she's offered to come and help me clean and straighten once the basement job is complete so I'll forgive her for shoving that hard dose of reality at me.

What keeps me going is the vision I have in my head of a beautifully finished basement with all my "stuff" in it's proper place and lots of empty space to prove that I really am making an attempt to limit new projects that grab my interest.

Faye might snicker but that is my vision, may it see the light of day!

No comments: