Friday, June 15, 2007

Heat Duct Cleaning Done

The work is done, well and timely and at a fair price. I've been told to leave the furnace fan on all of the time but I don't dare do that in case the motor burns out as it has done in the past. But my husband replaced it then and now I'd have to arrange replacement.

The truth about having your furnace fan running is that it draws cold air from the basement and circulates it throughout the house, often eliminating the need to turn on your air conditioning. I knew this but I'm still not going to leave the fan on continuously.

The fan is running now and there is no dusty smell...good news because it means the plaster dust has been removed. I should have had this done many times over the years but I was too cheap to do it. The duct man said we should have our ducts professionally cleaned at least every 2-3 years. I think I'll wait longer than that but I'm so happy to have it done now.

Just so you know...was it worth the money ($166 including tax to clean 11 vents and also the furnace)? Yes!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Bet they sucked up all those centipedes too!