Friday, June 15, 2007

Heat Duct Cleaning

My house was 15 years old when we bought it in 1968 so we've spent many of the years since doing renovations. I've never had the heat ducts cleaned professionally until today.

It was during the last renovation (the basement) that I realized just how much plaster dust gets spread around because I'm the one who had to clean it off EVERY surface in the basement. During the renovation we had some pretty cold days in April and May and I was able to see an unbelievable increase in the amount of dust deposited on surfaces all around the house when the furnace fan was blowing. That was when I decided it was time to clean the ducts.

This past week has been fairly hot and I just might have broken down and turned on the air conditioning at night but I couldn't stand the thought of all that dust circulating in the air if I did. The cleaning service gets here between 10 and noon today so I'll let you know if the cost is worth it the next time I turn on the air!

No comments: