Friday, July 06, 2007

The Bearer of Wine

I have become the bearer of wine. Whenever I'm invited to a dinner or barbecue I have to head to the grocery store to stock up on all the ingredients of a "dish" to take to the meal. If you've been reading my blogs you know that I hate to cook and eat out a lot so my fridge always looks as though the pension money isn't making it through to the end of the month.

There's a lovely family barbecue tomorrow to welcome my nephew's wife's Irish family to Canada so I headed the car to my favorite grocery store. Along the way I spotted the liquor store and pulled in knowing I'd also have to take a bottle of wine to the barbecue. While I was in there, I realized that it made more sense to buy extra wine instead of making a "dish" because my cooking skills aren't the best. Besides, it would be cheaper in the long run and make the guests a lot happier.

So that's how I became the bearer of wine.

No comments: