Sunday, July 08, 2007

Day at the Mall

One of these days I'm going to write a book about all the interesting things that I see at the mall.

I met my sister for coffee this afternoon at the mall as usual. There's not much that can keep us from our weekly get together and it's become almost a tradition now. We choose to meet at one of the malls because it gives us the option to shop if we want.

Today the mall was filled with families and babies. There were so many double strollers holding twins that we started to think there was a special event on at the mall for them. Do you suppose it's the fertility drugs so many young women have to resort to now in order to get pregnant that's causing an explosion in twins?

My daughter, who is average in height and weight, had difficulty getting pregnant years back and took a course of fertility drugs. They didn't result in a pregnancy but a year after finishing them she did become pregnant...and gave birth to a baby boy weighing 11 lbs. 1 1/2 oz. We always joked that he probably absorbed his twin.

One of the cute sights I saw was a husband, wife, and child who looked to be Iranian or Iraqui (just a guess because the lady was wearing a long head scarf) who were enthralled with a set of blonde twins (about a year old) and stood talking to them while one of the twins climbed half out of her stroller to play in a nearby water fountain. There was no parent nearby although he couldn't have been too far away (he showed up after 10 minutes or so). My sister and I would have searched for him but the mid east couple were right there enjoying the babies and maybe even looking out for them.

I bought the CD of Toby Keith I'd tried to get on Ebay but was outbid on. It turned out to be cheaper in the mall. Sharon, my sister, bought a couple of belts she wanted. Not big purchases but well worth going to the mall for!

One of my grandson's used to love going to the mall when he was little because, he said, "There are so many interesting things to see there!". He was right.





No comments: