Saturday, July 21, 2007

Difficult Day

This was one of those days we hope never comes. My sister-in-law and I visited a friend in the hospital who is failing fast. She's been lucky enough to have a loving, supportive family and a devoted husband who stays by her side and makes sure she is well cared for. It's that bastard, cancer, which is causing her death.

Then I visited my son-in-law who is also very ill with cancer. He's been in the hospital for 2 days now and will stay until they are able to make him more comfortable. He reminded me a lot of my husband when he was sick because they both exhibited such futile anger over their circumstances. Both were strong, independant men completely unused to being helpless and that's what fueled their anger.

As for my friend, I accept that today may be the last chance I had to see her but for my son-in-law, I still have hope that he'll have many more days to enjoy.

We hope and we hope...and miracles do happen, don't they?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Believe...