Monday, July 16, 2007

Saris

We have a lot of Indian/Pakistani people living in Canada now and I'm seeing more ladies wearing saris. I've always thought they were beautiful...so colorful and flowing and now I want one for myself.

I stopped a group of ladies in the mall on Sunday and complimented them on how lovely they looked in their saris. They said they buy most of them in Toronto but there was a store nearby that also sells them so the next time I need something dressy that's where I'll go.

Saris are the epitome of femininity. I prefer the sheer, flowing fabrics because they look so cool. The colors are to die for and it looks like a flower garden when you see a large group of Indian women wearing them.

Some Indian/Pakistani men wear a traditional suit which also is loose and comfortable. We can all learn something from their culture when it comes to dress.

One more reason to enjoy the multiculturalism in Canada!

No comments: