Sunday, July 15, 2007

Can't Sleep

I've been plagued with sleeping problems for years but thought for a while that I had them beat. Sleeplessness came back with a vengeance when my husband became ill and hasn't completely disappeared since. Lately, though, they've been worse than ever. Too many nights are spent with little or no sleep and that's not good for someone like me who has a busy life.

There are little tricks to use in order to fall asleep and I've used them constantly but they just won't work these days. Tylenol P.M. is effective but I hate taking any medication so I'll only use it once in a blue moon.

It's funny I had no trouble sleeping in the motel at the reunion last week. My friend, Carole, was in the next bed so maybe my problem right now lies with me sleeping alone and that isn't going to change.

Sunrise draws me out of bed regardless of how much sleep I've had but I can always have a nap later in the day if necessary.

I often lie in bed in the wee hours of the morning wondering why we human beings were created with the need for sleep anyway. And why do we have to eat and then eliminate what we eat? And why do we have to age and die? And why are some of us so cruel?

If anyone wonders where I get some of my ideas for a blog or a story, it often happens at 3 A.M.

No comments: