Thursday, August 30, 2007

My World Has Narrowed

You know what happens when you stay home too much? Your world narrows and that's what has happened to me. I am becoming bored.

So far this week I've only ventured out to buy groceries and there's not much interesting in that. My inspirations come only from T.V. news (which is depressing) and reading the local newspaper on the internet (too brief). I can see where people who are housebound become terribly self absorbed.

Speaking of which...I've become obsessed with carbohydrates. Since my latest blood tests show a sugar count that's a bit too high I've tried to change my eating habits. I've bought books and scoured the internet in quest of information to aid me in eating healthier. So far I'm just confused.

I don't eat much meat, thank heavens, because the carbs in beef are atrocious. My personal choice of chicken is pretty good and salmon, which I can tolerate, is excellent. I appear to be eating like a saint but when I try to count the carbs it seems way too high. Talk about being obsessed with food! This is ridiculous.

Life was so much easier when I could just drop into a McDonalds for burger and fries but that's what got me where I am today...forced to count carbs.

I was keeping a diary of my daily food intake but soon got bored with that. My goal these days is to consume food with the lowest possible carbohydrates so I eat lots of fresh and cooked vegetables, fruit in moderation, and very little beef. Anything high in sugar or carbs is a no-no. I think I can manage this.

I also have very good friends who care enough about me to nag me unmercifully if I screw up. Life is still pretty darned good!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Keep at it Momma - maybe get an appointment with a dietician who can help you with your choices!!