Sunday, August 26, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I had coffee at the mall with my sister again today and got to enjoy some interesting "people watching".

One little girl of about 4 years of age was left sitting alone at a table while her father stood in line for food and drink. Just a note...a predator could very easily have scooped that little girl up and carried her away before anyone noticed. I didn't see the father until much later so would have probably assumed the kidnapper was the father.

Anyway, once I noticed this little one sitting by herself I kept watch and thoroughly enjoyed the game she was playing with herself. She carried on a lengthy pretend conversation with an imaginary playmate, chattering away like children will do when in their own little world. All of a sudden her voice rose in indignation and she yelled at her imaginary friend, "I only had two beers!". Hilarious or what? I could just imagine her father cringing in whatever food line he was in. Some time later he joined her at the table and they consumed their yummies. Drama over but lots of musings in the crowd.

Then there was the lady sitting next to us that spoke loud enough for half the food court to hear. We learned that her "f...... ex and his f...... new wife" had custody of her children and she wanted her friends to find her a man. I think you'd have to really dislike a man to hook him up with this woman.

One little girl of maybe 2 had such a loud voice she could have been heard outside the mall. She wasn't crying or screaming, just trying to get her mother's attention. Her Mom was buying donuts and it was very important to the little girl that she get just the right one. It reminded me of one of my grandsons when he was that age. He was little and cute with a deep booming voice that could fill any room. He sounded like "Foghorn" if any of my readers are old enough to remember. Today he has a normal voice, thank heavens.

Well, another Sunday, another coffee or two, and many, many laughs. Life is good!




No comments: