Sunday, September 16, 2007

Closing Down for Winter

I'm really a lazy person. I do a lot of work in small increments and that's the way I approach cleaning up the yard for winter. Today I spent 10 minutes stacking the patio chairs in the tool shed (wish I had a garage, but no). Mind you, this isn't my pattern for preparing the yard for summer because that's too much fun and I actually wear myself out then. But preparing for winter isn't fun.

When I close up the house and head for Florida, I'm wearing clam diggers and sandals...even if it's cold as hell. I don't care, I'm looking forward to sunny skies and warm weather which I'll drive into within a few days. Arriving in Florida to spend the winter is like preparing for summer again and I go to work. Dragging flower planters into their spots, planting healthy and colorful flowers, weeding, and pruning...I wear myself out the first few days but fall asleep with a smile on my face.

But that's Florida and this is mid September in Canada. Maybe next week I'll drag myself out into the yard and cut down the raggedy Morning Glory vines. I'm not going to wear myself out.

No comments: