Saturday, September 22, 2007

Unreasonable People

Every one of us will have to try to deal with unreasonable people in our lives and I have the perfect solution. Walk away from them.

There are so many really wonderful people out there to spend your allotted time on earth with so why waste precious time on unreasonable, and nasty people?

When I was in my "depression" period I was pretty isolated which is one of the worst things for people who are depressed. Opening up to allow potential new friends into your life isn't easy but it's healthy. I'm not the most trusting person but I've been so darned lucky to become close to a good number of trustworthy, honest, and fun people in latter years. The odd "nasty" has just been swept to the side.

My attitude towards friends has changed over the years, too. I'm more tolerant of idiocyncrasies because I finally realize I have my own. I love quirky people, just as long as they're honest and aboveboard.

When I get a crabby salesperson or intolerable relative, I walk away. It isn't the coward's way out, it's my way of reserving my time on earth for better things. Some people learn this early on in life but it took me a little longer. In any case, it works well so give it a try.

No comments: