Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I'm a Queen

Every year we choose the new king and queen of our park by drawing their name on New Year's Eve and last night I was the unlucky lady to have her name drawn. I felt like a trapped animal with nowhere to run because I can't stand to be centered out like that. This was no honor as far as I was concerned.

My king, a man I don't know, and I donned purple robes and crowns and I was handed a small glass sceptre. We stood like idiots as our pictures were taken and everyone had a good laugh. I've always enjoyed this little tradition but that was when it was someone else carrying it on.

The king and queen have a few duties for the year such as wearing the purple robes and riding on a cart during our park parade. I'm not sure what else. It's going to take a major attitude adjustment on my part to make light of all this and get into the spirit of the game. No-one wants to see a sourpuss queen.

One of my subjects came over to my table and gave me one of those twinkly clip on pins so I began to ask others what they had for me. This is a short list...congratulations, a cheezy, a kick in the ass. Apparently the royalty in this park don't get a lot of respect.

Oh well, like gas, this too shall pass.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Milk if for all it's worth. Take charge of your subjects!!!!!

Shelley said...

My mom, the queen! Hey, that means we're princesses! Score! LOL

Happy New Year your Majesty!
P.S. Can I still call you Mom?

patsyrose said...

The most precious title I've ever had is "Mom".