Saturday, January 19, 2008

More on the Cruise and a Little on Tengo

A few highlights...Barb coming home with a tattoo on her breast to surprise her husband. It washes off in 5 days, though.

The "hairy chest contest" where grown men dance around and display their body hair. One old guy got very carried away and nibbled on the judges' legs (one judge was even older than he was).

The blues singer at karaoke who hit the high notes dead on.

The tour guide who preached to us with fervor so terribly intent on making us understand his country and his culture.

Lord, the food. 5 star dining on a 1 star budget...how lucky can you get?

The staff who never get to visit the ports they arrive at because they have no passports to leave the ship.

Weather, warm/hot/sunny/breezy. It felt like heaven.

The colors in Cozumel. So intense and varied, they startle your senses.

Barbie and Ken...old and newly in love. How wonderful.

The 3 sisters...their blood bond showing every time they smiled happily at one another.

Hours spent watching the deep and powerful ocean and wondering how I came to be here. Happy to be where I was.

And then coming home to my little southern nest.

Then Tengo. Damn! I'd sold a few things on Ebay and turned on my computer about 11 P.M. It said I wasn't connected to the internet and I started to panic but decided to phone Tengo instead. I still can't believe it but I got "Clifton" again. I'd barely started to explain my problem and noticed the same surly, condescending voice so I asked him his name.

"Clifton", he said. "Oh, no!", I said.

Then I told him to get someone else to speak to me because he'd been so nasty to me before and I wasn't going to talk to him again. He put me on hold and I wondered if he really would find someone else for me to talk to but he did.

"Roy" helped me solve my problem (actually Tengo's problem) with courtesy and speed. He may have been thinking how dumb I was but his voice never expressed anything but politeness and a willingness to help me.

In any event, my weak little connection to the internet via Tengo has been re-established so now I can go to bed and enjoy sweet dreams.





No comments: