Sunday, January 20, 2008

One Last Cruise Tip

If there's room in your suitcase for more clothes then take them. I thought I'd overpacked but discovered onboard that I really had packed too little. You change clothes more often than you might think. Take a nice sized carry-on with only your medication and boarding papers/passport in it and that will leave you plenty of room for items you buy on the trip.

I'd spent half a lifetime packing to go on sailing trips with my husband so I thought I was a good packer. Noooo! On sailing campouts you can wear the same ratty shorts for 3 days but not on a luxurious cruise. Then you want to look and feel fresh at all times. Many of the men spent all day in a bathing suit with tummies hanging over but we women want better for ourselves.

I didn't take a book to read because I thought there'd never be any spare time but the final day was a lazy one. It rained a bit and that would have been a perfect time to snuggle up in a corner of the Lido deck with a good book. I ended up borrowing one from the ship library and it turned out to be a good one that I didn't have time to finish. Live and learn.


1 comment:

Kim said...

It sounds like so much fun. Glad you went.