Thursday, January 03, 2008

Voting for a President

It's unnerving to watch the U.S. presidential candidates on T.V. None of them seem capable of running a country as massive and strong as the U.S. but one of those candidates will end up doing just that.

I always knew that one day a woman would reach high enough and become president of the United States but somehow I never envisioned Hillary Clinton. She appears so cold but that could be a veneer to protect herself. That said, she does seem to be the strongest person running for the office.

I don't think we ever get the best person for the job because not many want to expose themselves to the criticism and ridicule these candidates face every day. Every word they say is dissected, every facial expression analyzed, every facet of their past lives dug up and discussed in open forums. Not many of us could handle this.

My personal belief is that the president is not the powerful figure we sometimes think. I believe they are controlled by a powerful group who sit unseen in the background and that's who really runs the country. In that case, it doesn't much matter who wears the president's hat and maybe Hillary would be just fine.



4 comments:

Shelley said...

Shiver....

People that we are related to know someone extremely close to Senator Clinton have told us she "hates the military"...

Still shivering

patsyrose said...

Sounds suspicious. How can you "hate" the people who safeguard your country? Is it possible she dislikes some aspects of the military and simply wants to make changes?

bluebird of paradise said...

personally i'm for obama. the us needs to repair it's tarnished image. oops have i done it again, put my foot in my mouth. oh well i wouldn't be dennis' sister if i didn't do that once every while ...
m

Shelley said...

I absolutely agree Marilee! I think most every American would too.

Not sure who I'd vote for though I think an Edwards/Obama ticket would interest me greatly! My very conservative in-laws were not so sure when I said that!

Obama would interest me more with four more years of experience. :-)