Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Baby's Turning 50

My baby girl will be 50 years old on May 30th this year. It seems like a million years ago that my husband and I brought that humungous baby (9 lbs. 8 oz.) home from the hospital. Poor Kimmie was our first and she was laid into the naive hands of a 17 year old (almost 18 years old) mother and a newly turned 21 year old father. It's amazing that she survived.

Kim isn't too happy about turning 50 and I remember back when that dreaded birthday came my way. I was depressed for 6 months before and after but no birthday has hit me that hard ever since. It's such a milestone...half a hundred when you think about it.

My Kimmie doesn't look 50 but then few people today look their age. Not unless they're heavy drinkers, smokers, or drug abusers. She's had a really horrible year what with the death of her husband, a serious car accident, and now this nasty 50th birthday on the horizon. I think if she can get past all of this she could easily rule the world.

Just remember Kim...no matter how old you get you'll always be my baby. Love ya forever!

1 comment:

Kim said...

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'm still not filling out the surveys as 50-65!!!!!!!!!!!!