Sunday, April 27, 2008

Something Is In My Attic

When my furnace went out this past winter my son-in-law was here trying to fix it and he said he heard something moving around in the attic. When I arrived home a few weeks ago I listened carefully but heard nothing so I thought he might have just imagined strange settling noises in the quiet house.

Yesterday morning I heard some odd noises early in the morning and went outside to see if anything was on the roof or eaves but saw nothing. This morning I couldn't ignore the fact that something was really scrabbling around over my head. And it sounds big. Now is my tenant a racoon, a squirrel, or a possum? I'm very upset about this, first because it could get into the house and then because I wonder what kind of opening allowed it inside the eaves in the first place.

Today is Sunday so I can't even call in a service to get rid of these critters. Why do most emergencies happen on a weekend or in the middle of the night, damn it?? Tomorrow I have 2 workmen finishing off the bathroom tile and now I'll have to get someone in to remove the critters. I'm becoming very sick of this house.

No comments: