Thursday, May 22, 2008

Barking Dogs

I'm used to puttering around in my garden, planting, weeding, etc., in relative peace and quiet but right now I have my daughter's 2 Jack Russell Terriers. They bark at the neighbor's cats, at the neighbor's dogs, at sounds I hear and don't hear, at each other, and (God love them) at the squirrels. I can't concentrate on my puttering when I have to continuously yell at the dogs to stop barking. My neighbor's must just love the racket that comes from my yard these days. It's either barking or yelling.

I finally found the red/white Impatiens I wanted for the deck rail planters. In case anyone hasn't counted the number of boxes in a flat lately, it's gone from 18 to 12. The price is more than last year's. I have 14 planters on the deck rail so this left me short. I wasn't about to drive out of town (that's where I found the red/white Impatiens) again for a couple of boxes so I put plain white in 2 of them. I know this will keep bugging me so I'm going to look for the red/white on future trips to the nurseries and then I can transplant. Anyway, I've got lots more planting to do and will be scouring nurseries for weeks to come.

It's still terribly cold out, the dogs are barking, there are still squirrels in the attic, and I need to put in a new furnace. I'm not too happy right now.

No comments: