Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cold In Canada

I left Florida in early April and haven't been comfortably warm since. Even though we've had a few nice days it's been horribly cold for the most part. I've bought a few bedding plants but it's sad to see them all sitting there cold and frail wondering what happened to their nice warm nursery.

Faye and I visited a few nurseries today and was thrilled to find one where all the plants were still inside...that meant we could stay warm inside, too. The cold wind today was brutal.

I've looked all over for my flower of choice for the deck rail planters but with no luck so far. I want two-toned red/white impatiens which I've seen many times before but can't find now. If they don't show up soon I'll have to change my color choice and go with something else. This cold weather is interfering with my enjoyment in flower shopping but it's supposed to warm up in a few days.

Tonight I get to babysit my daughter's dogs, Baker and Bailey, while she goes on a wild weekend with her sister. They're cute little girls and it will be fun playing out in the yard with them. They might even scare the squirrels away.

No comments: