Monday, May 05, 2008

News on the Squirrels

The squirrel (or squirrels) has been landlocked in the attic since late last week but hasn't entered the trap. The concern is that it's not in the area of the attic that houses the trap and, even worse, the section it might be in has no access from the inside of the house. Too many years ago to count, my husband panelled the small upstairs bedroom and I think he covered up the access point. My handyman said that if the darned squirrel doesn't find it's way to the trap he'll have to make an opening in the wall of the small bedroom. This stupid squirrel is costing me a fortune and causing untold mess.

Yesterday I heard some terrible scratching noises and was afraid the squirrel would claw it's way right through the wall into the house. When I told my handyman, he was very tactful about not telling me that couldn't happen. Now I'm more worried than ever.

He's coming back on Wednesday to open up the wall if necessary so there will be a further update then.

No comments: