Saturday, May 17, 2008

Squirrels are Gone

I'm afraid to say it but it looks as though the squirrels have been evicted from the attic. The one way cage which allowed them to leave but not re-enter seems to have worked. This morning I noticed a squirrel sitting next to the one way cage as though unsure why he couldn't get back in...he even sat there through a light rainfall. Kevin (pest guy) told me that a momma squirrel would go ballistic if she had babies still trapped inside the attic but this squirrel just appeared a little confused.

One strange thing also happened this morning. I heard a bit of noise from outside the back door and walked out to see what it was. A squirrel was hanging on to the brick wall and just took off running all along the the house, around the corner and up onto the kitchen window sill. These little buggers don't need overhanging tree limbs to gain access to the roof because they can run right up the brick wall.

This is the first day I haven't been subjected to the scramblings of squirrels in the attic and I'm a little afraid that this isn't the end of it. Everything I've read tells me that squirrels are territorial and my particular squirrels now believe this house is theirs so they will continue to try to get back in. As far as I can tell they won't be able to get through the cages covering the roof vents anymore but they might find another way in. Only time will tell.

No comments: