Friday, June 13, 2008

Global Warming or Menopausal??

Talk about blowing hot and cold, our weather has been so out of the ordinary that it doesn't make sense anymore. Last week there were days we needed the furnace on followed by days so hot and humid I actually put the air conditioning on. That passed and we had one perfectly gorgeous day followed by yesterday when we needed to wear jackets and now today will be another hot and humid one. Egads!

My memories of childhood summer days were that they were hot. Autumn was cooler, winter was cold, and spring was warm. What happened? Now maybe my memories are skewed a bit but I know our weather was never this mixed up.

I got the grass cut yesterday so today I'm going to do a bit of planting and just relax in the yard under the shade of the trees. I won't have to worry about the heat until bedtime when I just might have to put the air conditioning back on. This is so unusual for me because I fight air conditioning as long as possible, preferring the fresh air blowing through the windows. My house, being a storey and a half, makes the bedrooms upstairs very warm and difficult to cool down so I might need that air conditioning tonight if I want to sleep comfortably. Oh well, at least I'm lucky enough to have the choice.

No comments: