Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Library

I went to the library today for the first time in ages and had to renew my card because the old one has long since disappeared. I explained to the man who took care of me that retirement has given me less time to spend at the library and laughed to realize how true that was. I used to read 30 books a month when my husband was working and I hadn't found other outlets. Now my books gather dust before they get read.

I picked up a couple of books on beading and will copy some of the relevant pages for my new hobby. Reference books of any kind are terribly expensive so borrowing them and copying some necessary pages is a cheap way to go.

I really should get some housework done but I've sort of lost interest for the time being. It's been too hectic around here what with squirrels and water leaks and my brain seems to be begging for a rest. The basement is still the main concern because I still haven't finished clearing out my husband's workroom. I only need to walk in there and I'm overwhelmed. Oh well, soon.

In the meantime I'll pour through the library books I picked up and forget the petty little problems of the day.

No comments: