Monday, June 23, 2008

More Rain

The fairly warm weather and lots of rain have given us a lush landscape so far this year but I'm sick of cutting the lawn before it's time because it might be the only day without rain. Yesterday we had a torrential downpour and a bit of water came into the basement where none has been before. This house is going to be the death of me.

I don't ever remember having such constant headaches with the house when my husband was alive...maybe because he didn't tell me about them but just fixed them. My house was built in 1953 so simply the age means there will be defects. It's becoming more apparent with each passing year that I'm not up to the job of keeping the house in tiptop shape so maybe my 5 year plan will have to be shortened. Not the worst thing that could happen, I guess.

No comments: