Monday, June 30, 2008

Selling Coupons on Ebay

I just found a very interesting item listed for sale on Ebay....store discount coupons! Ebay is one of the most fascinating concepts that I have ever encountered and it continues to amaze me every time I find something as unique as this for sale. The lady who is selling these coupons tells the whole story in her listing. She collects all the local newspapers, clips out the coupons, and then sells them at a much lower price on Ebay. She doesn't make a lot on each listing but what a slight paying hobby for a shut-in! I think this is ingenious.

For instance...someone purchased 10 $1.00 off coupons for ice-cream and it cost them $3.25 plus 70 cents shipping. They saved almost $6.00. The seller's cost for listing and mailing was about 75 cents plus her time. She seems to sell in large volume so her earnings probably come out to a substantial amount in a day. Smart and industrious lady!

When someone can do something like this on such a small scale why do we have so many able bodied people sitting on their asses on welfare doing absolutely nothing?

2 comments:

Kim said...

We are probably paying her to sit on her ass to sell coupons!

patsyrose said...

Oh ye of little faith! I picture her as a sweet little lady living on a fixed income who has figured out a tiny niche in the world of finance. Don't burst my bubble!