Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Epiphany

I'm not sure if I'm using the right word but I believe I experienced an epiphany tonight. I'm almost a lifetime agnostic, believing in something but not what passes for religion today, so in times of stress or worry I don't pray to a god for help.

Tonight I was sitting on the sofa watching a program about coincidences on T.V. when, suddenly, I thought of our good fortune with my daughter's health. I often raise my hands in the air, draw my palms together, and bring my hands down to my chest in a thank you to whatever is out there in our universe who might have a hand in guiding us. That is what I did tonight in thanks for my daughter's reprieve. But tonight was different because I felt a strong connection to someone or something. The experience was so powerful that it made me cry. Had I finally seen the light after all these years?

I'm not sure what I experienced but I still feel the connection. I can only describe it as a goodness. This may all sound like foolishness but for someone like me who has been searching all her life, it was a magical moment.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

That was the "You're Welcome". God is Good.

Can't wait to see you!!

patsyrose said...

Just so you know...the connection is still there and I'm trying very hard to figure it all out.

It's as though a line of communication has been opened and I'm sort of worried that my reticence in accepting it will cause it to close.

I'm trying to be open minded.