Monday, July 07, 2008

It's Hot. Dare I Complain?

We've had a lot of rain this spring and early summer so I haven't had to use the water sprinkler very much. Now that we're having a few hot and dry days in a row my grass is starting to look a little frazzled so I used the sprinkler this afternoon.

While I was out there I made the decision that the weeds in my flower bed had been there a little too long so I got my pail and began the arduous task of pulling them out. I didn't get them all because it was just too hot but it gives me pleasure to see a weed free garden and most of it is weed free now.

I haven't done much yard saleing this year, either, and that's a good way to get ideas for my garden. People love to show off and discuss their gardens when you compliment them. I didn't get many new ideas this year but I did find a nice man who grows hostas and sells them at his yard sale when he splits them.

A few weeks ago I visited the cemetary where my family is buried and discovered one of the bushes I'd planted there years ago was just too big and unruly. I asked my sister yesterday if it would be all right for us to pull the bush out and plant a lovely hosta in it's place. Of course, she doesn't care but it's always best to not just jump in and do things my own way. We'll get a hosta before next Sunday and then do the replanting.

Well, it's hot, sunny and a little uncomfortable outside but I'm making do with open windows, doors, and fans. When the summer heat causes me to complain too much I'll turn on the air conditioning. So far, so good, though.

No comments: